Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Chocolate Yum Balls ( raw foods "rumballs")


Its been a while since I posted a recipe. I've been on a juicing detox for a few weeks, and have begun integrating raw foods a week ago. I have satisfied my chocolate urges with my raw choc mousse, but have wanted something 'else'. 

I am not able to find cocoa butter, so can't make my choc fudge. Here is a pretty good second best - my Yum Balls.. I n Australia ( and I am sure in a few other places) Christmas time isn't 'right' without rum balls - a very sugary rum soaked chocolate ball.  This is my version - no sugar or gluten.. pretty much guilt free.

I made a dozen - which will be gone quickly with my two around. I keep them in the fridge - but if you keep them in the freezer its better ( hidden!!) All nuts etc are raw ( obviously) I put everything in the same bowl to soak overnight.

1 good handful of almonds
1 good handful of cashews 
6 large dates

put together into a bowl and cover with filtered water overnight.

Pour a little water out in the morning and put rest in high powered blender.
Blend till smooth
add 4 teaspoons of cocoa and blend - adding a little water if needed to keep consistency.
mix in 4 tsp of coconut

Take a spoon of mixture and roll in coconut and place on greaseproof paper and pop into fridge to 'set'.

mmmmmmmm


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and commenting. Please consider subscribing to our regular posts for great recipies - or 'follow' this blog!