Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Green Meanie Smoothies Strike!

Started the day off with a bit of a disaster green smoothie. I think with sweeter carrots it might have been better.

For 2 people
Juice of 7 carrots
1 bunch Chinese greens
1 stick celery
handful of baby spinach.

It was just a bit too.. irony or something – I gulped it down and followed it up with plenty of water – Not keen to repeat that one…

For lunch I was a bit more cautious with the mixture and came up with the Green Meanie

Its not the prettiest green smoothie – but it tastes pretty good! Its based on one of my fav drinks – the watermelon and mint one .

I bunch Chinese Greens
Handful of fresh mint leaves
Huge slices of watermelon
1 apple
ice

I have had a few cups of coffee today as I stayed up way too late last night and am feeling pretty rotten. I woke up with a migrane as well –so I guess that doesn’t help.

Afternoon tea was the last of my raw chocolate and some cut up fruit pieces.

I took the kids to gymnastics class after this – the other kids were rewarded by their parents with sugary slushies and lollies. I promised Morgan and Lilly a special slushie at home – so made this BerryNice Slushy ( serves 4) as soon as we got home.

1 punnet of strawberries
2 handfuls of frozen mixed berries
1 ripe mango
ice and water

Dinner was a ‘picking affair’ with 4 avocados made into a huge bowl of guacamole, the remainder of the vege crackers ( the new ones are still drying – should be ready tonight sometime) , some grapes and watermelon pieces and some warm carrot cookies – straight from the dehydrator.

Carrot Cookies

I used the carrot waste from 8 carrots from juicer from this morning – but just grind up carrots if you like –it will take longer to dehydrate if they still have the juice in them.
A handful of raisins
2 handfuls of almonds – ground to a flour.
1 handful of macadamia nuts roughly ground.
2 handfuls of linseeds
huge squeeze of yucon syrup
splash of apple juice to bind ingredients
a tsp cinnamon

mix thoroughly with hand and allow ingredients to blend flavours
either shape into small round cookies and place into dehydrator – or press into dehydrator and when dried – cut or pull into shapes.

They got the big thumbs up from the kids who asked for more.

I am currently making some raw cereal from memory – can’t seem to find the recipe anywhere.. It aught to be ready for Sat morning..

Headache has persisted and I have succumbed to taking a painkiller to get through the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and commenting. Please consider subscribing to our regular posts for great recipies - or 'follow' this blog!