Friday, February 20, 2009

slippery slope

Another reminder today to be prepared – or else you are on the slippery slope to bad habits again.

Breaky for me was a green smoothie – though I have to say I won’t be pursuing the lettuce ones again.

Half a head of lettuce
A slice of rockmelon
1 apple
ice
handful of blueberries
10 strawberries

very thick and tasted pretty green.

The kids had the cereal – which was ready at long last – and from my taste test – pretty yummy. Morgan asked for another bowl.. you can only eat very small bowls of it – it takes a lot of chewing and is very filling. We have our raw organic milk – but I am sure you can put juice with it or a nut milk. Unlike commercial cereals, even if this is left in the milk – its still yummy – not soggy or gross.

Annies Raw Cereal

5 apples grated
5 peaches grated
3 handfuls of raisins
shake in some cinnamon ( freshly grated if you have it)

blend roughly together – 5 handfuls of almonds, 1 handful of macadamias, 2 handfuls of pumpkin seeds, 2 handfuls of sunflower seeds and 2 handfuls of linseeds. – don’t blend to a flour – leave ‘bits’ so its rough and cobbly.


Mix together and pour over about half a cup of fresh juice – pineapple or apple is nicest.

Allow about half an hour to bind flavours.

Spoon into dehydrator and set on low.
Every 8 - 12 hours get a spoon and break it up and turn it.
Takes about 2 days to be done – or when all crisp.

Put into well sealed jar and use as ‘normal’ cereal.

Lily and I had a bunch of chores to do - first up was visiting a cousin who have welcomed a new baby – I brought over my offerings and was able to give a little advice and goo over the new bub. I let Lilly have a biscuit – I stuck with a coffee.

I made a juice and we also ate some fruit for lunch.
2 carrots, 1 beetroot, 1 shot of fresh wheatgrass ( bought from a juicery - I saw them make it), 2 apples, 1 stick celery, 1 orange. Had to fight Lilly off this one – she thought it was great.

More chores and driving about before picking up Morgan from school – we all got home hungry.

Confession time – those damned peanuts are still lurking in the pantry. They have taken up residence with some soy chips hidden from Christmas. I know they are plotting and have evil powers…. I had a handful of each before throwing them up high so I can’t reach them… easily. I have also had 2 cups of coffee today.

I ate a banana and an apple for dinner – couldn’t be bothered with much else. Those nuts are giving me indigestion.

The kids are tucking into some ripe mangos ( GROSS)

on a more positive note - while I was in the line at the Post Office, my jeans slipped down.....they slipped down..... I had to pull them up.. ( are you hearing me?) I look down and can no longer see my gut hanging out in front - it has shrunk a bit.. I know I have a long way ahead - but wow.. it just makes my slip up today all the more worse - self sabotage... tommorrow is another day and I will do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and commenting. Please consider subscribing to our regular posts for great recipies - or 'follow' this blog!