Friday, March 6, 2009

Crunchy Salad

I made up a salad this morning and have popped it in the fridge all day – to allow the flavors to really get to know each other before dinner.

Crunchy Salad

2 zucchinis – diced very small
3 tomatoes – firm – diced small
1 capsicum – diced small
a few sprigs of coriander
a few sprigs of basil
quarter of a jap pumpkin – remove skin and dice small.
1 cup soaked almonds
Juice of 1 lemon

Combine, grind in salt to taste

Started the day out with a carrot, apple and celery juice and followed it up with one of my dreamy coffees. I totally understand that this is a crutch and I would be better off without it….sigh.

Ate an apple and a nectarine for morning tea and plenty of water.

Lunch kind of whizzed past – I made Lilly a salami sandwich – she’d been begging for one all week. I ended up just eating another apple.

Afternoon tea was a selection of cut melon, apple and blueberries. I had a green smoothie made from left over fruit salad from yesterday ( I think?) a banana and lettuce leaves. Man the difference in having a proper blender ( yay we have secured a jug for our big blender!!)

We had guests for dinner so I bought the makings for pizza. I was pretty impressed with myself that I didn’t do any test tasting of the ham or salami and chided Morgan when he snitched a piece and complained it was too hot. I had bought a mild version – but hadn’t tasted it – so just assumed it was mild which apparently it wasn’t..

I had karate tonight –so after making everyone pizza – including a gluten free based one for Age – I went off for my sweat – fest.

I came back absolutely buggered and ravenous. I tucked into the crunchy salad – it was really nice – but I was hungry for something else… yep – I spied someones cold piece of pizza on the table – how gross am I – I ate it… and wished I had have at least heated it up.. but man it was good.. ( I make a mean pizza)

I had a heap of blueberries and a nectarine afterwards with a cup of rooibos tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and commenting. Please consider subscribing to our regular posts for great recipies - or 'follow' this blog!