Saturday, March 7, 2009

Go the Green Smoothies


Having recovered from my green smoothie mistakes - we have moved to a new level and tried out my first silverbeet green smoothie. Can I say I was very pleasantly surprised. I have also stopped putting so much fruit in the mix as I have found the last ones too sweet.

Silverbeet Green Smoothie for two

two silverbeet leaves and stalks
1 apple - cored
1 banana
1 cup of water

whizzed up in our blender, it was a smooth and surprisingly pleasant thick drink. Probably need a bit more water next time.

We were busy doing cleaning and gardening jobs today and I got over hungry. So by the time we stopped it was lunch time and we hadn't stopped for morning tea or water breaks. I ate a few handfuls of cashews and several apples. I got half way through a peach and then found a worm.. just as well there wasn't half a worm.

I kept looking at the fridge and not feeling like eating anything I had All I wanted was to eat chocolate - the bought stuff, chips or bikkies - sadly we had none of these in the house. Adrian went out to the recycling centre and brought me back flowers and a small block of Lindt 85% Noir chocolate. It stayed in the fridge all afternoon.

For dinner we had Vietnamese rolls - although the rice paper skin isn't raw - its a pretty close meal. Age made a dipping sauce from honey,balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lime juice and soy sauce.

Our fillings included spring onions, mushrooms, carrot batons, green beans, lettuce, cucumber and zucchini strips.

yumbo!!

I then proceeded to eat two squares of the Lindt choc - fully prepared to eat the whole thing.. but had to put it back - too rich and too much... at least I have had it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and commenting. Please consider subscribing to our regular posts for great recipies - or 'follow' this blog!